Job Title: Business Development Manager- Apprenticeships
Location: Bank, Central London
Salary: Upwards of £45,000 depending on skills and experience
Working directly with / supported by: Operations Director
This role is of great strategic importance to the future of apprenticeships at The Skills Centre and as such we are looking for someone with a real passion for Apprenticeships and an excellent knowledge of the apprenticeship market. The role would be to promote Apprenticeship opportunities and raise the profile of Construction based Apprenticeships. The purpose is firstly to link with our Partners to drive pipeline and growth within apprenticeships, through the current client base. The second key purpose is to drive growth with new customers and creates market awareness of The Skills Centre.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the programmes meet the needs of the key stakeholders and that the Apprenticeships are Employer Led.
- To support the planning, development, delivery and monitoring of apprenticeship ensuring the programmes are employer-led.
- Develop the knowledge and understanding of our Partners and undertake effective account management.
- Clearly segment the customer base to identify customer targets and associated strategies.
- Increase the number and type of connection with partners
- Participate in and attend industry functions, such as association events, webinars, panel conversations, online and offline conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Develop a clear Sales strategy for apprenticeships. Develop new business opportunities within existing customers and new target accounts, operating at multiple levels within the customer organisation.
- Understand how clients view apprenticeships and demonstrate how they can assist them to achieve their goals.
- Produce and submit high-quality proposals and bid responses
- Negotiate client contracts in conjunction with other departments.
- Update CRM system with accurate and up to date details of activity
- Ensure all marketing campaign leads are followed up
- Ensuring new candidates are attracted through advertising campaigns and monitoring the effectiveness of such campaigns
- Selection methods are undertaken in the most effective manner validated with a high level of applicant success
- Stakeholder communication both within the Delivery Team, relevant curriculum areas and externally with employers and other key stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of apprenticeship systems, legislation and regulations, together with a working knowledge of post-secondary education
To carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Key experience, knowledge and skills
- Experience of apprenticeship, work-based learning or related programmes, with reference to compliance, management of employer relationship and apprentice data
- Good working knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Experience in account management and the use of CRM databases.
- Experience in liaising with the Education and Skills Funding Agency or other government agency
- Experience in working with employers on skills projects, external stakeholders and/or in a target driven client-facing role
- Highly organised with an ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline intensive, multiple stakeholder environment
- Experience of OFSTED requirement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with key stakeholders
- Comfortable working with construction industry professionals and both large and SME contracting organisations.
- Knowledge of trades, clients and cultural diversity, and a working knowledge of trends in the industry
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience of facilitating courses
Qualification and training required
- Experience in managing an apprenticeship/training scheme and introducing new standards, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of training methodology: Analysis, Development, Design, Implementation, Evaluation
- Leadership and Management Qualifications
- Project Management
- Construction based qualifications
- Teaching or Assessing Qualifications
Want to find out more?