Interested in this course?
Get started today.
These units are for those who already hold a position within the excavation and reinstatement of footpaths and highways. Ideal for developing specialised skills in these areas, this 5-day, highly interactive course has a number of units that can be covered.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for those who carry out the manual excavation and reinstatement in footpaths and highways.
The following NRSWA Units can be covered:
- 001 (now LA) - Location & avoidance of underground apparatus
- 002 (now O1) - Signing, lighting and guarding
- 003 (now O2) - Excavation in the highway
- 004 (now O3) - Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- 005 (now O4) - Reinstatement of sub base & road in non bituminous materials
- 006 (now O5) - Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- 009 (now O8) - Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Please speak with the team to discuss your individual requirements.
How long is the course?
This course is a 5 day course.
Teaching and Assessment
The Course is a very interactive course with group exercises with oral and practical assessments throughout.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Certificate and SWQR card valid for 5 years.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Reasonable level of mobility
- Ability to lift and move loads
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Equipment to bring on the day
- Hard Hat
- High visibility vest or jacket
- Steel toe capped boots
- Safety goggles
If you don't have access to any of the below please do let us know at booking.