Test Centre Co-ordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of The Skills Centre's training hub, on a major new construction development site in the heart of London. We are seeking an individual with a passion for transforming lives, creating social value through delivering local opportunities to local people.
What you'll do...
The position is responsible for managing day-to-day operations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the test centre including CITB and Construction Skills Certification Scheme tests.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure effective day-to-day operation of the test centre, taking responsibility for all routine office and test booking procedures
- Ensure effective systems are in place to monitor and report on the test targets and outputs
- Ensure CSCS test centre resources are monitored, maintained and managed
- Process the completed test certificates and order the required cards
- Assist the Centre Manager to prepare financial and activity reports
- Maintain and review the CITB test centre policies and procedures
- Process all financial transactions to required deadlines, including receipt and issuing of invoices, processing incoming and outgoing payments regarding test bookings
- Promote the activities, mission and values of The Skills Centre
- Assist candidates prior to the start of the test by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in the test centre
- Invigilating during tests when required, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures. Full training on invigilation and testing procedures will be provided.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities wherever reasonably instructed
Key experience, knowledge and skills:
- Ability to problem solve and show initiative to complete enquiries.
- Experience of planning and implementing administrative systems to ensure an organisation runs effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Knowledge of administrative and or invigilation procedures
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Previous experience in a coordinator role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 21/04/2023
More about us……..
Transforming lives - creating social value through delivering local opportunities to local people.
From our centres located around the UK, we’re opening the door to the next generation of construction workers and benefiting local communities by providing opportunities to develop new skills and secure employment.
We partner with councils, major developers, and contractors such as British Land, Transport for London, Southwark Council, JCB, Lendlease, Mace and others to offer training with direct pathways to jobs, for those looking to start a career in the construction sector.
Thinking of applying for the role?
Next, we ask that you submit your details below and a member of the team will be in touch either by telephone or email.
You are welcome to send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would prefer an informal chat first, that works with us!
The Skills Centre is commitment to Safeguarding and this post is Exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exemption Order 1975, 2013, and 2020.
The Skills Centre is committed to equality and diversity.