Construction Tutor Vacancy
What you’ll do…
Interested in working for a fast-paced company supporting learners into an industry with a skills shortage? This role could be perfect for you!
As a Construction tutor, you will be part of an amazing team using the latest technology to deliver employer led teaching and learning. Our company prides itself on teaching the practical skills needed for a career in the construction industry.
The team deliver a range of courses from entry level qualification, industry standard short courses, NVQ delivery, Apprenticeships and higher level industry recognised qualifications. We can provide a full teacher training programme for individuals looking to pass on their experience to the next generation within construction. A passion for helping leaners develop their confidence, enthusiasm, and skills is a must!
- Work in partnership with Employers to ensure the programs match industry requirements
- Deliver training programs in line with relevant plans, working closely with the Delivery Director and Quality team
- Document all processes required for each training program to agreed standards and methodology
- Minimise delivery risks in accordance with The Skill Centre’s Health and Safety policies
- Teach using state of the art technology and delivery methods
- Using our e-portfolio system [C&G Learning Assistant] and MIS (PICS) to record learners achievements.
- Undertake other duties commensurate within the role
Key experience, knowledge and skills
- Construction industry experience
- Good English and Maths Skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent organisational and written skills
- Be confident using Microsoft office and IT programs
- Be administratively self-servicing
- Ability to manage more than one set of priorities
Qualification and Training Required
- English and Maths at Level 2 (Assessment can be undertaken prior to Interview)
- Experience in construction with a level 2 qualification
- PTLLS Level 3 or equivalent or willingness to work towards
- Health and Safety Based Qualification
- A1 Assessors Award or equivalent
More about us……..
Transforming lives - creating social value through delivering local opportunities to local people.
From our centres located around the UK, we’re opening the door to the next generation of construction workers and benefiting local communities by providing opportunities to develop new skills and secure employment.
We partner with councils, major developers, and contractors such as British Land, Transport for London, Southwark Council, JCB, Lendlease, Mace and others to offer training with direct pathways to jobs, for those looking to start a career in the construction sector.
Thinking of applying for the role?
Next, we ask that you submit your details below and a member of the team will be in touch either by telephone or email.
You are welcome to send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would prefer an informal chat first, that works with us!
The Skills Centre is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safeguarding checks will take place. The role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the exemption order 1975,2013,2020 and an enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the role.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.