Interested in the above course?
Contact the team for further information
Free training to start building your construction career.
This programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund to support learners with complex barriers to education and employment to access opportunities in the construction sector.
Who is the course for?
Our construction pre-employment course is a fantastic way of gaining the skills and qualifications you need to start a career in construction in London.
Our centres are based in the heart of major construction and engineering projects across London, including Earls Court, Stratford and Canada Water.
This course will not only help you build new skills in the classroom but also place you right amongst the action on a construction site, working alongside a workforce that will provide you with a true insight into the world of construction. Following this, you'll receive a guaranteed interview for a full-time role!
Candidates must be over the age of 16, unemployed, or economically inactive (not claiming any benefits) to access funding.
How is the course delivered?
Interactive training, classroom discussions, case studies, teamwork, Individual/group presentations and self-study outside of the classroom.
- Level 1 Cskills Health and safety in a construction environment
- Certificate Basic Construction Skills (With Practical sessions)
- Personal Wellbeing in Construction
- Environmental Awareness & Sustainability
- CSCS Test (a vital requirement for access to construction sites)
- First Steps into Construction
Candidates must meet the below eligibility for the Pre-employment Programme.
- A resident in the UK/Europe for at least the last 3 years
- Be aged 16+
- Must be a resident of a London Borough
- Hold photographic ID
- Must be unemployed
- Candidates over 19+ must be unemployed and be in receipt of a work-related benefit
- Candidates must also be able to commit to attending the required times for the full duration of the programme (Absence is not permitted)
Achievement of this pre-employment programme provides opportunities to progress to further qualifications training and job prospects.
All courses are delivered in partnership with local employers, providing real opportunities to interview as well as ongoing careers support from our dedicated Jobs Coaches.