Interested in the above course?
Contact the team for further information
This page is for our West Midlands based construction pre-employment courses for learners with prior experience in construction. For information on our construction courses for those with no prior experience please click here.
Tailored training to re-launch your construction career.
This programme is funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority to support learners with complex barriers to education and employment to access opportunities in the construction sector.
Who is the course for?
If you're not currently working in construction but have a valid CSCS card or sufficient prior experience, this 2-week course will provide an excellent base for returning to or re-launching your career in construction.
Our centres are based in the heart of Birmingham, with satellite delivery across the West Midlands Combined Authority, including Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
This course will not only help you build new skills in the classroom but also place you right amongst the action on a construction site, working on-site to provide you with a true insight into the world of construction. Following this, you'll receive a guaranteed interview for a full-time role!
Candidates must be living within the West Midlands, over the age of 19, unemployed, or economically inactive (not claiming any benefits) to access funding.
How is the course delivered?
Interactive training, classroom discussions, case studies, teamwork, Individual/group presentations and self-study outside of the classroom. Individual information, advice and guidance will be provided throughout to help build your career.
- Level 1 Award in Health and safety in a construction environment
- Level 1 Award in Basic Construction Skills
- Personal Wellbeing in Construction
- Entry Level 3 Award in Environmental Awareness & Sustainability
- CSCS Test (a vital requirement for access to construction sites) if required
- Customised e-skills and training to improve employability
Candidates must meet the below eligibility for the Pre-employment Programme.
- A resident in the UK/Europe for at least the last 3 years
- Be aged 19+
- Must be a resident of the West Midlands Combined Authority
- Hold photographic ID
- Must be unemployed
- Candidates must also be able to commit to attending the required times for the full duration of the programme (Absence is not permitted)
Achievement of this programme provides opportunities to progress to further qualifications training and job prospects.
All courses are delivered in partnership with local employers, providing real opportunities to interview as well as ongoing careers support from our dedicated Jobs Coaches.