Interested in this course?
Get started today.
This course is designed for those in a supervisory position in road working, looking to expand on their skills in safe and effective practices. Both theory and practical based, the 1-day course is perfect for developing and solidifying a supervisory skill set.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is for those who supervise works carried out on the road and for anyone who needs to supervise the setting up of signing, lights and barriers as part of their job role.
The NRSWA Unit 10 course content includes:
- Planning a signing, lighting and guard project
- Types of works, basic principles and legal requirements for signing and guarding
- On-site risk assessment, methods of traffic control, speed control and operating portable traffic signals
- Works on footways, cycle lanes, track and cycle routes and near tramways and railways.
- Theory and practical assessments
How long is the course?
The NRSWA Unit 10 course is 1 day long.
Teaching and Assessment
The Course is a very interactive course with group exercises with oral and practical assessments throughout.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be issued with a Certificate and SWQR card valid for 5 years.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Reasonable level of mobility
- Ability to lift and move loads
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
Equipment to bring on the day
- Hard Hat
- High visibility vest or jacket
- Steel toe capped boots
- Safety goggles
If you don't have access to any of the below please do let us know at booking.