Interested in the above course?
Contact the team for further information
Gain the skills and knowledge needed to begin your construction career.
This programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund to support learners with complex barriers to education and employment opportunities.
Who is the course for?
Our pre-employment course is a fantastic way of gaining the skills and qualifications you need to start a career in construction.
Our centres are based in the heart of major construction and engineering projects. This course will see you not only learn new skills in the classroom but also place you right amongst the action on a construction site, working alongside a workforce that will provide you with a true insight into the world of construction. Following this, you'll receive a guaranteed interview for a full-time role!
Candidates must be over the age of 16, unemployed, or economically inactive (not claiming any benefits).
How is the course delivered?
Interactive training, classroom discussions, case studies, teamwork, Individual/group presentations and self-study outside of the classroom.
- Level 1 Cskills Health and safety in a construction environment
- Certificate Basic construction skills (With Practical sessions)
- Personal Wellbeing in Construction
- Environmental awareness & Sustainability
- CSCS Test which is the passport to the industry
- First Steps into Construction
Candidates must meet the below eligibility for the Pre-employment Programme.
- A resident in the UK/Europe for at least the last 3 years
- Be aged 16+
- Must be a resident of a London Borough
- Hold photographic ID
- Must be unemployed
- Candidates over 19+ must be unemployed and be in receipt of a work-related benefit
- Candidates must also be able to commit to attending the required times for the full duration of the programme (Absence is not permitted)
Achievement of this pre-employment programme provides opportunities to progress to further qualifications training and job prospects.